"I know that which the Lord hath commanded me, and I glory in it. I do not glory of myself, but I glory in that which the Lord hath commanded me; yea, and this is my glory, that perhaps I may be an instrument in the hands of God to bring some soul to repentance; and this is my joy." -Alma 29:9
Sister Adorable's Mission Blog

Monday, June 24, 2013

Learned a lot this Week!

Dear family, I have learned a lot this week. Sister Beck and I did not work as hard as last week and I could definately see a difference. I was a little frustrated because I knew we weren't reaching our full potential. It wasn't that we weren't teaching or working, cause we were, but I think we were a little distracted since it was Sister Beck's birthday. It was hard to see her receive a package and letters every day this week. It not only made me miss all of you, but it distracted both of us from focusing on what is more important. It was also kind of sad because two of our investigators that were on date aren't getting baptized anymore. Brannon, who was going to get baptized on the 29th, said that this is a little more involved than he thought and he needed some time to reflect. :( Then at church yesterday Nathaniel (Ryan's older brother who is a member) said that his parents want Ryan to wait until he is 14 to get baptized. That one was particularly hard for me to hear because I invited him to be baptized. I understand though. His parents want him to show that he wants this more. It was at this point that Sister Beck and I realized the Lord was trying to tell us that we need to work harder. We both realized how distracted we were and we discussed what we were willing to give up for the Lord to bless us. Barbara's baptism was so great. I was so happy for her and I think it was a pleasant experience for her. I was so grateful for the opportunity to see her come closer to Christ. In the last two weeks, I really have grown to love her. Seeing my first baptism here was such a surreal thing. It sometimes still doesnt seem like I am on a mission. I've realized that the reason I feel that way is because I am physically away from worldy things but my mind still thinks of those things. I decided it is time to really focus now. It is time to really get to work and give the Lord everything I have. On Tuesday I went on an exchange, which is where you switch companions for a day. I went with Sister P. She is a Sister Training Leader (in charge of all the sister missionaries in our zone) and from Tahiti. She has had so many trials in her life, yet she is an exceptionally hard worker and has an amazing testimony. She taught me how to genuinely converse with new people and how to connect with them. I saw how hard missionaries really can work and I know now that I can set my goals even higher. With the Lord on your side, anything is possible. Our mission president asked us that our whole mission consecrates the month of July. This means being exactly obedient in every way in order to increase our success as missionaries. It has been interesting for me to see how easy it really is to get distracted, become lazy, and not work as hard as you can. No one is really monitoring what you do except for you, your companion and the Lord. It is really important to stay motivated. Tomorrow our whole mission will fast for 24 hours. During this time we have been asked to ask the Lord for help in being exactly obedient. We are promised that if we are exactly obedient 24/7 in the month of July, we will feel the Spirit more strongly and we will be more successful. I'm really excited for this. The mission did this last year and the missionaries that were there testified of many miracles that were a result of their obedience. I look forward to sharing my own miracles with you all :) Well that's all i have for this week but I can't wait to tell you more this week. The Lord really does know everyone and He puts in certain places at certain times for a reason. Never make an opportunity a missed one. Be bold and share the gospel. Help the missionaries. When members help us out, miracles can happen. Love, Sister Adorable

No comments:

Post a Comment